For one of our clients, a financial company (start-up environment), we are seeking a
Corporate Officer, Legal & Compliance
Status - 8 months contract - parental leave
In this temporary in house role you will (pro)actively manage a dynamic portfolio of legal entities covering certain jurisdictions during their life cycle from incorporation / acquisition to either sale or liquidation. The position plays a key role in the legal compliance administration of the portfolio, implying direct administration of its Luxembourg entities and general overview and administration of legal entities across other European jurisdictions within the relevant structure.
The roles and responsibilities of the Corporate Officer include but are not limited to, the following:
Legal and corporate requirements
* Manage the legal and corporate requirements of your own portfolio incorporated in different European jurisdictions .
* Manage the legal and corporate requirements of your own portfolio incorporated in different European jurisdictions, potentially among them in the UK and Ireland.
* Liaise with the group cross-European internal management as well as service providers for efficient running and best practice of all deals and entities' corporate governance.
* Constant liaison with internal teams of the group (accounting, finance, acquisition, KYC and treasury) and external Lux and non-Lux advisors (law firms, Big Four, corporate and accounting service providers, local tax and administrative authorities) relating to specific tasks and projects that involve your legal entities ensuring best practice is adhered to for all matters and ensuring the entities' corporate governance is legally sound.
* Liaise with internal account management and acquisition team for transparency of information, organisation and resulting legal responses of projects and companies.
* Daily tasks include review and execution of service agreements, engagement letters and other contracts; drafting letters, board minutes, written resolutions, shareholder resolutions, power of attorneys, waivers, review of financing funds flows and drafting of intercompany loan agreements and other ancillary corporate documents.
* Specific projects include coordination of corporate restructuring, project financing and re-financing, mergers and liquidations and the organisation of relevant board meetings for the approval of the transactions; preparation and filing of annual accounts, DAC6 filings, organisation of relevant board meetings for the approval of the transactions.
* Liaising with the acquisition team to ensure a smooth and effective hand over of legal entities post-closing of a new acquisition.
* Reviewing funds flows.
* Track and monitor the accuracy and accessibility of the legal and corporate documents (legislations, signature, date, corporate details etc.).
* Ensure organised, clear and consistent saving, filing and scanning of all documents.
* Help to maintain the company database and assist in the virtual and physical archiving process.
* Organise quarterly board meetings
* Provide reports informing of the operation and progress of Legal and Compliance work.
* Reporting to lenders, auditors and authorities.
* Drafting various legal documents including, but not limited to, board minutes, shareholder resolutions, intra-group financing agreements, powers of attorney and proxies, letters and correspondence to third parties.
* Maintaining a close relationship with the relevant local European asset management team and assisting them with reviewing of lease agreements and various asset-related deeds and arranging for the execution.
* Provide support and directions to more junior Corporate officers in the team.
* Graduate in business and/or corporate law or can demonstrate strong relevant experience acquired on the job;
* Minimum 3-6 years post qualification experience in a similar position gained within a corporate services provider, inhouse or with a law firm in Luxembourg;
* A sound knowledge of the corporate governance framework and corporate law in Luxembourg;
* A first experience/exposure to the real estate sector would be a plus;
* Ability to build close and strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to drive legal compliance operations;
* Team player with the ability to also work independently;
* Comfortable communicating with various stakeholders in and outside the company, and able to explain to colleagues with other fields of expertise;
* Resourceful individual with demonstrated ability to work in an organized and productive way in a fast-paced environment;
* Good business acumen in order to understand, prioritize, and act on requests received;
* Excellent oral and written communication English skills.
En ce qui concerne ce rôle, Kelly Services agit en tant qu'agence officielle de travail temporaire. Lorsque vous décidez de postuler ce poste, vos informations personnelles seront traitées conformément à la déclaration de confidentialité de Kelly.
Conformément à la loi sur la discrimination et la politique d'égalité des chances au Luxembourg, Kelly Services accueille les candidatures de tous les candidats éligibles, quels que soient leur origine ethnique, leur sexe, leur handicap, leur religion, leur orientation sexuelle ou leur âge.
Regarding this role, Kelly Services acts as the official temporary employment agency. When you decide to apply to this role your personal information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement
In keeping with the Law regarding discrimination and equal opportunity in Luxembourg, Kelly Services welcomes applications from any and all eligible candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.